Village Hall


This was built as a reading room for men only in 1895, gifted by local resident, Honora Wybergh, who lived at The Mount, the large house now demolished to make way for the Mount estate of modern houses.

Run by trustees originally, a new scheme was set up in 1940 by the Charity Commission and this is still the governing document.

It has gone through several phases of popularity and then decline.

In 2006 it had a major refurbishment and facelift and currently is again enjoying a surge in use. This was done with the help of major grants from a number of local organisations. It now provides a new kitchen, disabled access and facilities. It can comfortably seat 80 people for presentation events and somewhat more for informal occasions such as buffet style events. It is very suitable for family parties. The Hall is run by the Council of Management (Trustees) which comprises:


Trustees April 2015

Mr. Peter Broad Chairman
Mr. Robert Jackson
Mrs. Joan Merris
Mr. John Burrows Assistant Hall Manager
Mr. Bob Henderson
Mrs. Carol Henderson
Mr. Ian Trohear
Mr. Michael White Hall Manager
Mrs. Rose Rowlands Bookings
Ms. Carolyn Otley